Album Lists for Spotify
I primarily think of music in terms of albums, but Spotify’s options for library organization are mostly centered around tracks and playlists. The options for organizing albums are limited to alphabetical and date-added sorting. I wanted a way to group albums the way playlists allow grouping tracks.
So I made this: a static, single-page webapp that uses the Spotify API to display the albums represented in a playlist. It provides a different view into the existing organizational structures provided by Spotify. Albums are shown in the order they are represented in each playlist. When you click on one, it opens the album in the Spotify app.
- Clicking album art directly opens the album in the Spotify app
- Since the client talks directly to the Spotify API using CORS, no server-side logic is required.
- Caches data between page reloads using
- Allows user to search through their playlists
- HTML5 offline support
- More responsive layout usable on mobile
- Thin server for OAuth so that it’s possible to use refresh tokens
- More sorting options
- CSS3 Flexbox
- Spotify API
Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify AB. The albums and album art portrayed in the screenshot above are the property of their respective owners.